I know everyone loves
rules, but it's really important
that you read all of these and follow them carefully. I have to be fair, and I don't want to disqualify anyone. Here's the drill... (And if you're still not sure about something, please contact me
What To Make
We really want to let you go crazy here. Knit or crochet whatever you want. Potholders, hats, mittens, afghans, animals or forms from the designs: anything that comes to mind.
The holidays are coming up, so a Threadless-themed potholder might make an adorable gift, for instance. We'll be judging on creativity, execution, and general aesthetic, but we're hoping you drive things and bring your own ideas and flair to this new contest.
We are splitting the contest into knitting and crocheting categories.
Timeframe & Other Stuff
- Contest Starts: Monday, November 16, 2009
- Contest Ends: Monday, March 1, 2010 at 11:59pm MST. Entries WILL NOT be accepted after this date!
- There may be surprise weekly prizes. These prizes will be awarded to favorites from entries in the previous week.
- You MAY submit AS MANY ENTRIES as you want, in any category! Go nuts!
- You can only win once!!!
- Anyone in just about any country is eligible; Threadless assures me they should be able to ship you your prize no matter where you are.
- Entries must be YOUR creation. Friends can help, naturally, and, in fact, we encourage knitting circles and the like. (But the prize goes to the first name on the entry!)
- You MAY use patterns, though ideally they should be your own. (Depending on your needs.)
- Entries MUST be based on a PRINTED Threadless, Threadless Select, Type Tees, or Threadless Kids design. (These CAN be sold out or retired designs, so long as they were at some point in time printed by Threadless!)
- Entries SHOULD be of just one design.
- Entries are an interpretation of a design. Be creative! We're judging on execution, general aesthetic, and creativity.
- You MAY submit entries you have knitted in the past, if you happened to knit something based on a Threadles sdesign, but chances are it will not meet the photo requirements below.
- You are responsible for all knitting or crocheting expenses. And knitting-related injuries. Please be careful.
- You must own the rights to ALL PHOTOS you upload to us.
- Keep it clean. Don't upload anything objectionable. (All entries are subject to approval.)
- Entering in the contest and uploading photos gives us rights to reproduce and use those images throughout our site, but also in other collateral, promotional materials, etc., as we see fit, and without compensation. Please note that we may use your photos even if you do NOT win. (Previous entries in our other contests have shown up on TV, for instance.) This is necessary given the exposure we anticipate. We will try our very best to attribute, but if you have a problem with this, you shouldn't enter.
- You MUST take MULTIPLE PHOTOS of both the finished piece AND the creation process. Entries with just one photo WILL BE REJECTED!
- Creation process photos need to show the materials you're working with as well as several angles of the finished piece.